Please read the following terms and conditions with care before using this website. By accessing or using our site, you consent to the following terms and conditions. We reserve the right to change this information at anytime and therefore, we recommend that you review this Agreement regularly.
All pages within this website and any material available for download are the property of Broward Medical and Rehab (BMR). The content on BrowardMedicalandRehab.com is provided to you without charge as a convenience and for your informational purposes only. This site offers educational information on our organization, its services, health-related issues and resources. This information is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, medical diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician if you have any questions regarding a medical condition.
Broward Medical and Rehab hereby grants you a non-exclusive license to use the Site solely for your personal non-commercial use. Any unlawful use of this site or use inconsistent with these terms and conditions is prohibited and will result in an automatic termination of such license.
The contents on BrowardMedicalandRehab.com are copyrighted and may not be distributed, modified, reproduced or used, in whole or in part without the prior written consent of Broward Medical and Rehab. Requests can be sent via mail or by calling our offices. Downloading or printing information from the website to a single computer for informational, personal and non-commercial use is permitted as long as all copyright or proprietary information remains intact or is added to the excerpt under
Disclaimer of Warranties
In providing this website to you for your convenience, you use the site at your own risk. Although every effort is made to ensure that the material within this website is accurate and timely, we make no warranties or representations as to the accuracy or completeness of the contents, whether the contents are current, or free from changes caused by third parties. We assume no liability for interruptions, errors, computer viruses or other hazards resulting from your use of this site.
No Medical Advice
All health and health-related information contained within this Broward Medical and Rehab website is intended to be general in nature and should not be used as a substitute for a visit with a healthcare professional. No information provided in this site may be considered medical advice. The information may not be relevant for your individual situation and may be misinterpreted. Broward Medical and Rehab assumes no responsibility for how you use information obtained from this site. Before making any decisions regarding your healthcare, ask your personal physician.
Limitation of Liability – Links to Other Websites
As a convenience, we have included links to other internet websites not managed by BMR. Broward Medical and Rehabdoes not review, control or take responsibility for the accuracy of content on these websites. The websites we link to are owned and controlled by other organizations or parties. Their Privacy and Security Policies may differ from Broward Medical and Rehab policies.
Linking to other websites not managed by Broward Medical and Rehab does not imply endorsement or credibility of the service, information, or product(s) offered. Broward Medical and Rehab assumes no liability related to a users use on any linked sites. Your access to and use of these websites, including the information, services or products, is solely at your own risk.
Similarly, if a third party provides a link to our website, it does not necessarily reflect an official relationship with that third party.
Please be aware that most information transmitted over the Internet is not secure; thus, confidentiality cannot be guaranteed. Information of a confidential, proprietary or privileged nature should not be sent electronically to BMR. Any patient information transmitted to our site will be treated as non-confidential. Personal medical information should never be sent to our
The Broward Medical and Rehab logo is the trademark and service mark of BMR. All other trademarks, service marks and logos used in this site are the trademarks, service marks or logos of their respective owners.
Reservation of Rights
Our failure to enforce any provision of this agreement shall not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right.
How to Contact Us
Any questions with respect to this notice should be directed to our office by phone or mail.
Conditions of using email
The physician will use reasonable means to protect the security and confidentiality of email information sent and received. However, because of the risks outlined above, the physician cannot guarantee the security and confidentiality of email communication, and will not be liable for improper disclosure of confidential information that is not the direct result of intentional misconduct of the physician. Thus, patients must consent to the use of email for patient information. Consent to the use of email includes agreement with the following conditions:
- Emails to or from the patient concerning diagnosis or treatment may be printed in full and made part of the patient’s medical record. Because they are part of the medical record, other individuals authorized to access the medical record, such as staff and billing personnel, will have access to those emails.
- The physician may forward emails internally to the physician’s staff and to those involved, as necessary, for diagnosis, treatment, reimbursement, health care operations, and other handling. The physician will not, however, forward emails to independent third parties without the patient’s prior written consent, except as authorized or required by law.
- Although the physician will endeavour to read and respond promptly to an email from the patient, the physician cannot guarantee that any particular email will be read and responded to within any particular period of time. Thus, the patient should not use email for medical emergencies or other time-sensitive matters.
- Email communication is not an appropriate substitute for clinical examinations. The patient is responsible for following up on the physician’s email and for scheduling appointments where warranted.
- If the patient’s email requires or invites a response from the physician and the patient has not received a response within a reasonable time period it is the patient’s responsibility to follow up to determine whether the intended recipient received the email and when the recipient will respond.
- The patient should not use email for communication regarding sensitive medical information, such as sexually transmitted disease, AIDS/HIV, mental health, developmental disability, or substance abuse. Similarly, the physician will not discuss such matters over email.
- The patient is responsible for informing the physician of any types of information the patient does not want to be sent by email, in addition to those set out in the bullet above.
- The physician is not responsible for information loss due to technical failures.